Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 1

Day 1:

So, I was excited this morning at 6am to do Phase 1: Workout 1. This workout wasn't too bad (having done many Jillian workouts in the past), but I realized I am out of shape! The workout was 30 minutes and focused on the "front of the body" with tomorrow focusing on the "back of the body." Then, it was time for my yogurt and almonds for breakfast (sorry Jillian, had to get vanilla greek yogurt-CANNOT eat plain greek yogurt!). I was amazed how full I was all morning until about noon when it was time for my veggie-filled salad with chicken and a hard-boiled egg. I couldn't even finish the salad before I was full! I was still somewhat stuffed when it was time for dinner-salmon and green beans! It was interesting to actually LISTEN to my body-yes, I wanted to grab a cookie that was left over from orientation at work, but I wasn't hungry. Part of my problem is realizing the difference between a craving and actual hunger.

Part of my problem is emotional eating. Luckily, today was an okay day at work and I wasn't really stressed, so I wasn't tempted to eat anything to "make me feel better." I really have to watch that though, and that's where I think this blog will come in handy! People reading can help hold me accountable!

When I got home from work, I was tired, but managed to do 10 minutes of Jillian's Phase 1 Cardio DVD (an added bonus) and I got in 9000 steps today (trying for 10,000 a day).

The best thing about this is that Eric (my hubby) is fully supportive and is willing to eat the meat and veggies I'm making for dinner. It's nice to have that awesome support,

I know I'm going to sleep well tonight-already feeling the burn from this morning (definitely worked butt, shoulders, and triceps!) Bring on day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment