Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 9

So, today started off great! Phase 1, Workout 2 yet again-working booty, hamstrings, biceps, and back. Again, I added heavier weight to make the moves more difficult. DEFINITELY feel it tonight and know I will tomorrow!

For breakfast, I had my oatmeal with blueberries and pecans again. For lunch I had a cup of black bean soup our chef made (it was good!) and a small house salad. Unfortunately, temptation got to me today and I had a cookie at work...it was good though...peanut butter....I did do extra cardio when I got home from work to try and burn some extra calories. Anyways...for dinner I made baked salmon and grilled asparagus. I thought I should start sharing some of the easy, healthy recipes I'm making if anyone wants some new ideas. Many of the recipes I get from my SparkPeople App on my phone.

Grilled Asparagus:
Cut ends off asparagus and put in large plastic bag. Add some EVOO, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Marinate for 1-2 hours. Grill for 10 minutes, turning frequently. (This was delicious!)

Baked Salmon:
Place salmon filets skin-side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle lemon juice, salt, pepper, and some lemon pepper (or whatever flavoring works for you!). Bake for about 20 minutes and then let set for 5 minutes out of oven. I usually grill my salmon, but this way of preparing it was amazing! It flaked off perfectly and tasted so good with just a simple preparation.

Tomorrow is a new day to NOT have cookies :-) Cardio tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment