Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 10

Phase 1-Cardio was great this morning. It's getting easier, which is always a good sign. I'm not as winded as I was at the beginning of last week. I had oatmeal again for breakfast. I went to Paradise Bakery for lunch and had a half-order Fuji Apple Chicken Salad. It is delicious and under 300 calories! Unfortunately, I had a cookie again. I know, I know, it's not the end of the world, but I am a master rationalizer. I think to myself...."Self, you will have burned enough calories today where this cookie won't really matter. You're not eating that many calories combined in your meals, so one cookie won't hurt." Yes, I know it won't hurt, but I need to take my thought process one step further and say, "Self, yes, the calories from the cookie probably won't make a huge difference on the scale, but imagine how fast you'll reach your goal if you DON'T eat the cookie today." Easier said than done-I love food (especially sweets). Ugh!

For dinner, I made sauteed zucchini seasoned with salt and pepper and a little bit of EVOO. The protein was chili-lime flank steak. Easy recipe:

Mix 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 Tbsp chili powder, and 2 tsp lime rind in small bowl. Drizzle fresh lime juice on steak and then rub with dry ingredients. Grill 7-8 minutes on each side or until desired level of doneness.

It is so flavorful! AND it only has a few ingredients! EASY! This was another recipe from my Cooking Light cookbook.

Today at work, I got a few comments from people saying I'm looking slimmer. That feels so great when others notice! I know the numbers on the scale have gone down and I've lost inches and my clothes are fitting better, but I still see the same size when I look in the mirror. I know that's a perception thing-It will take a while to not see myself as "big" when I look in the mirror. I am feeling better, clothes are looser, and I've been sleeping SOOOO well because my body needs rest! If anyone is thinking of getting into a workout program, I would HIGHLY recommend this Body Revolution program (and they aren't even paying me!) It is life changing already, and I'm only 10 days in! Back to Phase 1, Workout 1 tomorrow morning (front of the body).

No comments:

Post a Comment