Friday, May 4, 2012

Days 30, 31, & 32

So, I apologize to the few people that are reading my blog that I haven't written in a few days. The workouts are going great. I can't believe what I'm able to do now-I can tell I'm getting stronger. I can really see the muscle tone in my thighs, calves, and chest. (I know there is a six-pack underneath my belly fat) :-) The cardio was definitely more intense than Phase 1 cardio, which is good. I feel like I'm constantly jumping or running or something to keep the HR up.

My eating hasn't been that spectacular the past couple days. I start the day with good intentions, but emotional eating has gotten the best of me. I had a delicious Snickerdoodle cupcake from a family that was discharging yesterday and I was extremely stressed and decided to eat it to make me feel better. It did help me feel better for about 10 minutes :-) I think part of the reason I've been making bad food choices is that I'm hungry more often-I think this is because the workouts are getting more intense and I'm burning more calories. I do think my metabolism is getting better, because, despite my poor eating choices, I've still managed to lose a pound and my clothes are still getting looser. I know this won't continue with poor choices, so I'll try harder.

Part of the stress that I've been having is that Eric and I have decided to start house-hunting. Tonight, we went to look at a couple houses. We really liked the first one, but the living room was set up kind of weird. The second one was a real fixer-upper and not for us.

Anyways, I think I'm most thankful to Jillian for making me get into a workout routine. I get up 6 days a week to do her workouts and still try and do a workout on the 7th day as well. It's just important to move every day, whatever movement that may be. I suggest just starting with a pedometer. It's amazing how you start parking a little further away at the store or at work or take the stairs just to get a few extra steps on your pedometer. It all adds up to calories out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment