Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 35

So, when my alarm went off this morning, I swear I woke up cursing Jillian, knowing today's workout sucked! But, I sucked it up and worked out and felt a whole lot better and more awake after I did. I had a nice bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and, when I got to work, got a sugar-free, nonfat vanilla latte (frozen) and it was delicious! For lunch, I had my chicken salad I made (which was tasty!) on whole wheat bread. I had some carrots and celery with it and was REALLY full! In the afternoon, I had a couple mini vanilla scones that a coworker makes-yummy! I realize I've been having the urge to emotionally eat the past few days (the scones were part of that). I stopped at Whole Foods after work and wanted to get a cupcake (because it would calm my anxiety or course), but I didn't, thank goodness. I have to talk myself down and realize food won't comfort me. (I know, that sounds dumb, but it's all mental!

I've been anxious because of this whole house-hunting process. I thought we'd be able to leisurely look at houses and take time to decide, but the market is CRAZY right now. We were supposed to look at a house tonight that came on the market yesterday, and it's already sold! You basically have less than 24 hours to put an offer on a house! Do these people not work!! We were at a house tonight that was a foreclosure and was $115,000. We were there around 7:45pm and there was literally a line of 5 or 6 people waiting to look at the house. Our realtor said he's never seen anything like it! That is how insane buying a house is right now. And, we're not just competing with other home buyers, we're competing with investors who can pay cash.

We did see one house we liked. It says it was built in 1992 and it has an elderly owner. We could tell it hasn't been updated since it was built (older fixtures and tile on kitchen counters...), but it was well taken care of and it has 4 bedrooms (which is our ideal!) and it's in a great, quiet neighborhood next to an amazing park! Luckily, the only appliances we would have to get are a washer and dryer. And, we basically have tonight to decide how much we like it. Pressure! We have some decisions to make. Ultimately, I go with my gut. Can I picture us living there for years to come? Hmmm....I don't know.

Oh! Almost forgot! I weighed and measured myself this morning. I lost 1 pound (total of 7...getting to the 10 pound mark!) and 1.75 inches down!

Alright, I know this is supposed to be my Jillian blog, but it feels good to write that other stuff too! I'm looking forward to my workout tomorrow to get some of this anxiety out in a positive way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment